Indore Diocese Social Service Society (I.D.S.S.S.) is a registered Social Organisation under Madhya Predesh Societies Act 1973 having FCRA 12 A and 80 G Certificates. It is the Official Social Action Body of the Catholic Diocese of Indore started in 1981. The registered office of IDSSS is at Indore. IDSSS is mendated to facilitate community development programs with the support of donor agencies either from India or Abroad to raise Resources. It also Collaborates associates and builds strong mutually beneficial networks with like minded Non Governmental Organisations (NGOs) and Goverment Agnecies for the betterment of the society at large. The participatory functioning of IDSSS is guided by its vision and mission based on gospel values under the guidance of the Governing Body and the Project Selection and Monitoring Committee.
Creation of a just Society of Human Beings living with respect and free of Exploitation.
Promoting Holistic and Sustainable Development of People and their surroundings.
The Main Focus of IDSSS is to improve the quality of life of marginalised communities and vulnerable sections of our Society in the remote areas and slums of Indore, Dhar and Dewas Districts, covering 270 Villages and 40 Slums. The focus Groups are Women, Children, Differently Abled, Sick and abandoned people and PLHAs. We promote environment regenration, livehood Support, Peace Building, Gender Equality, Education, Health Services, Capacity Building, Community Mobilisation and Local Self Governance.
- Formation and strenegthning of people.
- Sensitizing the community of their rights and duties.
- Promoting Leadership qualitites among the reference community and enhancing their capacities to participate in local self governance.
- Strengthening the economic base of the poor and marginalised sections of society through livelihood support local resource management and awareness generation on Government Welfare Schemes.
- Promoting Core Values of Social Justice Equality Brotherhood Harmony and Peace Bilding amoung the people.